Sunday 14 Apr 2019, 6pmRoyal Festival Hall, London
O'Neill Bach's Fizz Overture
Bartók Magyar Suite
Debussy Préludes from Books 1 & 2 for piano arr. for wind ensemble
Bassoonist Robin O’Neill leads an ensemble of 15 wind players in his own arrangements of well-loved music by JS Bach, Debussy and Bartòk.
Building on the wind ensemble tradition popularised by the likes of Mozart and Dvořák in their well-loved wind serenades, Robin O’Neill presents arrangements of keyboard works from across three centuries.
Bach’s Fizz Overture reimagines the iconic C major Prelude from the Well-Tempered Clavier, and paves the way for arrangements from Bartók and Debussy’s masterful music for solo piano.
ABOUT THIS PERFORMANCE
- Tickets: This concert is FREE and unticketed - just walk in
- Running time: 50 minutes, no interval
- Concert programme: Free programmes are available upon entry
- Drinks: You can take drinks from the bar into this evening's performance
- After the concert: In the evening performance at 7.30pm, the Philharmonia welcomes back conductor Herbert Blomstedt in his second performance this month, leading Mozart’s unmistakeable 40th Symphony and Beethoven’s Eroica.
This concert is part of the Philharmonia Chamber Players series